We are looking for a meticulous and detail-oriented security analyst to be responsible for monitoring the security systems in our organization. The security analyst's responsibilities include securing our online and on-premises infrastructures, filtering out suspicious activity, and finding and mitigating security risks before any breaches can occur. You will work inter-departmentally to identify and correct any flaws in our security systems.
To be a successful security analyst, you should have a sound working knowledge of cybersecurity, including intrusion prevention, incidence response, and ethical hacking. You should be detail oriented with strong analytical skills and have good communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Leading efforts to counter security breaches and anticipating and reducing the likelihood of future security alerts, incidents, and disasters.
- Defining, planning, implementing, maintaining, and upgrading security measures, policies, and controls.
- Writing reports and providing insights on the efficacy of the current security policies, incident responses, disaster recovery plans, and other security-related information.
- Assisting with the creation of updates and training programs to secure the network and train the employees.
- Keeping the security systems up to date.
- Monitoring security access and maintaining the relevant data.
- Conducting vulnerability testing and risk analyses to assess security and performing internal and external security audits.
- Analyzing security breaches to identify the cause and to update incidence responses and disaster recovery plans.
- Verifying and coordinating security plans with outside vendors.
- Creating procedures for IT employees and training them in security awareness.
- 1-5 years' experience in the field, such as security operations.
- Advanced training certifications may be advantageous.
- The ability to work in a high-stress environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, and teaching skills.
- Good anticipation, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to remain current on the latest technology and best practices in information security.